Skip to main content

Things Left Behind

before i left
i'd said
i'd return
for sure

never did
never will

closed my accounts
threw the keys
stopped paying bills

couldn't pay them
anyway

my old number is still
linked up with my
google voice account
it gives me half-hearted
transcripts of voice messages

"This is an important message from AT&T to discuss your wireless
Please return our call
you may also access your account online AT
www, dot AT T dot com slash my wife.
Thank you for using AT&T."

"Hello This is an important call from Wells Fargo card services
Com you press one. Yeah, if not 5
sorry I did not detect a response.
We will try back later. Thank you."

some don't ask
for money

"If you could, Texas,
a rare a call back
Give it to me,
that'd be awesome,
thank you bye."

my mother calls regularly

"this is mommy, just calling to see how you're doing alright.
Hope you're doing. Haven't Found, alright. Love you bye."

a woman that
carries parts of me
with her
still calls

"I just want to know why.
I want to know why you change
the dates without telling me
i wanna know why you did that
even though you knew i was gonna be thereand i
was gonna wait for you."

and calls

"Please don't do this Yang,
hey call me on to say something saying anything.
Let me talk, and I let you talk to you.
Hello problems that we're having
it okay becauseif you are so freaked out about leaving
and just thank god, and.
I was thinking talked about the way things are gonna be.
I'm happy to ringing.

Well. Thanks, wonderful thing todo for each other.
I think you want that instead of all the doesn't have anything so I think that's it okay.
Thank you. Hey, hey babe. If you It's nothing else.
I wanna talk to you.Hey wanted to end like this isn't can give me a quick fix
honey this is not yet hello..."

reading the transcripts of my
voice mail makes me feel like
I am reading about someone else
the syntax makes it less real

"10th. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the ring this invoice.
Haven't calling so many times to know if I can little crazy,
I seem so incredibly creepy for calling so much.
Just don't.
I don't know what else to say call me back."

I refuse to listen
to her voice
to hear it clearly

"I camehome to and set and that was the first time I was in downtown DC.
A N and it brought back a lot of my mind
and I was little time and I missed you and.
I thought that maybe Iwas being attacked.
And And if you want to maybe we should keep in touch.
Because, again, this is a little bit and not just from them.
Now, you're a good person and I shouldn't be doing the feel of our flight.

I don't know,
happy birthday to me.

I hope you having a good time. Bye.
Love you. Bye bye."

there is one left unread or heard
it is 1:05 mins long
google must be onto me
where the transcript should be
it reads:

"Unable to transcribe this message."

perhaps she spoke softly

before i left
i'd said
i'd return
for sure

for sure
i'd said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside

"There's a chaos inside that 'll not die down." Unsteady gale wind whips at hair rips souls from their bones leaving corpses of naked bodies curled and crying, wet and muddy Blackness, sound of breathing a scream that wallows, tares from the intestines spewing brown bile, lead heavy words "You'll not drown in a wake of your own making." Shoving gravel through eye sockets, dreading tomorrow caught in a web of mucus, rotting tobacco leaves, dust of glass sprinkled on tongues Empty bottles of fire sing heavy somber tunes, tumbling off the end of the earth, cutting the heads of goddesses bathing in the stars "Turmoil inside suffocates tomorrow and the next." "I know."

Acrylic Dream

I lay in the rain with a purple sky, twelve suns swirl slowly without ever setting. My breath is heavy and the air is thick. The droplets of rain are like acrylic paint, forming little dotted mountains of color across my bare chest and legs. There is a kind of silence that feels like heavy stones piled a top my head. I cannot move. The rain increases. Putting the world around me into a slick of fantastic colors of red and green, purple and blue, and gold and silver silver streaks. I am becoming part of a painting, not of my own making. I try to stand but my limbs feel like tree roots being forcibly torn from the ground. I am starting to feel the sensation of drowning. Drowning in a pool of paint. I slough off paint from my face, my chest, my arms, my legs. As I slip the paint from my body I notice my skin has become translucent. I can see the fat tissue and beneath that, the sinew of muscle. Alarmed, I finally force myself to sit up. I gaze at my navel. I can see my innards and pushing